Monday, January 09, 2012

Granddaughter's Birthday Card

Good morning to all...I've been working on birthday cards for my two oldest granddaughters.  First completed card is for my 23 year granddaughter whose birthday is this coming Friday, the 13th!


A picture of work in progress  ... the card stock measurements (mine, that is) is 12x7.  I folded the card to get the center, and than scored three lines on each side of the center fold...for a accordion fold ... the original came from Scrapbook-Showgram where she featured it in a video ... giving sizes as 13 1/4 x 7....I had to downsize the size b/c of lack of cardstock for the correct size.  Also, in her video she had 3 columns of hands in four rows...since I downsized the card base to 12" I used three rows, and guess what the hands was to be three columns but I could not fit the middle row in so changed to two columns which I like as well.


I used Annfold font to create the numbers, print the number first on my printer, than cut the circle around the number using my Cricut.  Plus I cut out a scalloped circle and hand-cut the tags attached to the bottom to make it look like a ribbon.


Once again, using Annfold font, I created the birthday title and attached Happy to the first row with the hands (I apologize for the poor picture taking here) and attached Birthday to the card base.  The bottom strip of card stock was used to cover a 'boo-boo' I done! Also, on the ends of each cuff, I glued-dot a button in contrasting colors which is making the card bulky to mail...just add extra postage and had a large envelope on hand to mail.  Sandi used a punched out circle for the 'button'...I did not have correct size of punch so used from my spare button collections....

Now to the free files to share with you today....

Cuffs
Hands

This zip available in svg, mtc and scut2 format and for personal use only.

Thank you for stopping by, and keep checking back with me for more freebies.  Plus check out Smart Buy Gal and Cut and Create  for my files that are on sale.  Hugs to all.

No comments: