Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Card for future sister-in-law

I spent Memorial Day Monday working on this card for my future sister-in-law’s birthday with is the end of June.  I will be sending to her early as they’re going on a cruise than.

Basically the cardstock used is Stampin! Up and Wal-marts’.  I used my Cri-Kit Gel Pens purchased thru http://amychomas.blogspot.com/ for the rose stencil in the center…cutting with my Expression did not work well…all the small pieces just fell out and left no definition in the rose center.  I used the gel pens than colored in with my Wet Looks Embossing  Markers by Marvy and clear embossing powder, heated it with the heat tool, and presto…a shiny effect.  Attached a ribbon bow and next is to print out a sentiment for the inside of the card, and be on its’ way to Florida.

I’m posting this pic on my blog and on my Yahoo Group site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cmsmith46580.  I am in the process of creating a card kit which will be offered for sale at the store at www.diecutdesigners.com.  Check out the store for the items being sold, both mine under Granny Ma’s Creations and other designers.

IMG_0038

I am offering a few files for sale, hoping to make enough in sales to help with the plane ticket to Manhattan, Kansas to visit my son and family in July.  And daughter-in-law will be having surgery, and grandma’s needed for babysitting. (Side benefit of this is to see my son, who came home from Iraq in February, and I have not seen him in over a year.)

Thank you for stopping.

No comments: