Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Blog Spot DT

I have been selected to join the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Design Team, and extremely happy to join this wonderful team of talented ladies.  For July's Blog Spot challenge we're to create a card using non-traditional Christmas colors.

I created 2 cards using the Stand-alone card base (also known as a tent card).  First card I used a design I located on a Internet search; and was going to send a few Christmas postcards this year, but the photo services that is used cropped 'too much' and left me with a white line on each end, so I trimmed the white edges off; and created a topper front for the stand-alone card base.  Added a ribbon on left side; and a single brad in the corner and then printed a Christmas sentiment and applied to the back side...for the label, I used a file from my Silhouette  Design Edition Library and printed the sentiment on one layer, and matted it with another label mat.

Card #1:

 
Front

 Back 

And for my 2nd card, which is using a Stand-alone card base, I created this snowy scene using a snowman clipart from a scrap download in my directory.  I first printed the snowman with snow flakes onto white card stock.  Added small silver brads to the snowflakes and a ribbon on the lower edge.  Printed and cut a 2nd image of the snowman with my Silhouette Design Edition print and cut feature; and using foam tape applied snowman to the top of picture.  Printed the sentiment and applied to the back of card base.

Front of 2nd Card

Back side of 2nd Card

On reading these sentiments, I realize that they can be used for either image design. 

Take a moment and head over to Christmas Cards All Year 'Round  and join in the monthly challenge for July - Non-traditional Christmas Colors.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me today, and may you have a great crafting day wherever you are at.

No comments: