Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Blog Hop





Welcome to the "Mother's Day" Blog Hop!  

We're so happy you could join us today to honor Mothers, Daughters, Aunts or any other woman who has been a great influence in our lives!  

In addition to seeing a lot of awesome projects, there is some blog candy
available too.  I will be giving away a Michael’s gift card.  To be
eligible for the blog candy, you are required to visit each stop in the
hop and leave a comment!  The winner will be announced Wednesday, May 15th on Miranda's blog! 



I first cut out the card base from a svg file from http://www.creativepointe.com with Mom cut out in approximately the center.  Than using Versamark and a Stampin! Up stamp, Fifth Avenue Floral (believe it's retired stamp set) I placed the watermark image right below Mom and embossed with white embossing powder.  Use a ribbon and two flowers for embellishing the card.  For backing of the Mom cut out I placed a  off-white piece of cardstock and placed behind the opening.


 

The next two (2) cards using the card base from BirdsCards names Rose Edge Card whiich is a stenciled edge of Roses.  The card can be used with the rose edge to the side or as I done, along the bottom. 

I cut out the Mom Charm and the back shadow and placed over a ribbon above the cutouts of the stenciled roses.  The blue card I placed small flowers at each ends of the charm and added punched butterflies for embellishments.

I hand trimmed the backing for the blue card, and than for the green card, I joined the pieces to come up with a 'welded' look and cut out with my machine.  And than trimmed it off at the perforated line.  Easy-peasy....


Next on the hop is  Ashley - http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

Should you get lost along the way, here is the entire line up: 



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
-----------------------
Challenges entered:

Mother's Day/For Mom(Mum?) 
Floral Challenge
A Flower for Mum 
Anything Goes
 
 

26 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful cards!Happy Mother's Day!

Linda said...

What a lovely cards
hugs Linda

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your cards are so beautiful! Your friend, Sarah

Unknown said...

They are both beautiful!

Vicki said...

Awesome cards with a very elegant feel to them.

TeresaK said...

All of your cards are very special! I so love the files from Birds cards! I used one for my Mother's Day card too!
So happy to join in this hop with you! T
Teresa

Miranda said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks so much for being a part of the hop today! Happy Mother's Day!
Miranda :-)

silvia said...

Beautiful cards!!

Josie0602 said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the cut outs!!

Tracy

Pamela Lash said...

You really went the extra mile on these - so elegant and dainty! TFS!

Tiggerscraps said...

Gorgeous cards! Another SVG co for me to get hooked on? UGH ;) These are so very pretty.

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love all of your Cards! So Pretty! I'm already a follower of yours. Happy Mother's Day to you. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the cards

Unknown said...

Oh my beautiful cards... I LOVE The green one :)

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely beautiful card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck cheers Sue N x

D- said...

Wow we get 3 beautiful cards on this stop. TFS.
D~ dmcardmaker (AOL)
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

beautiful cards, esp the last 2 made w Bird's cut file.

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards--I like all the cut out features.

lisa808 said...

I really like the Mom and flower cut outs.

Donna K said...

Beautiful cards! Love the cut outs you chose for your designs.

~Donna K

Margie said...

The cut-outs really make these cards stand out. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

Amy Martin said...

Oh... my .. gosh. These are Beautiful. All the flowers are just so neat looking. Well done.

Sandy Hentzel said...

Great cards! I love all the cuts and colors!

Dana said...

Although you cards are beautiful, they do not include any digital images for our challenge at Digi Haven. Please feel free to enter another card. Thank you.

Laurart said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

happyscrapper said...

These are simply gorgeous. The cut outs are perfect. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards with us at Stamping Dragon.
Hugs,
Christine Dt