Monday, April 15, 2013

Mother's Day Challenge

 


Card #1:

I first cut out the card base from a svg file from http://www.creativepointe.com with Mom cut out in approximately the center.  Than using Versamark and a Stampin! Up stamp, Fifth Avenue Floral (believe it's retired stamp set) I placed the watermark image right below Mom and embossed with white embossing powder.  Use a ribbon and two flowers for embellishing the card.  For backing of the Mom cut out I placed a  off-white piece of cardstock and placed behind the opening.


 

 The next two (2) cards using the card base from BirdsCards names Rose Edge Card whiich is a stenciled edge of Roses.  The card can be used with the rose edge to the side or as I done, along the bottom. 

I cut out the Mom Charm and the back shadow and placed over a ribbon above the cutouts of the stenciled roses.  The blue card I placed small flowers at each ends of the charm and added punched butterflies for embellishments.

I hand trimmed the backing for the blue card, and than for the green card, I joined the pieces to come up with a 'welded' look and cut out with my machine.  And than trimmed it off at the perforated line.  Easy-peasy....

Head on over to Creatove Cutting Challenges and check out the DT's projects, and if you like, submit a card or layout of your own in the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by, and hugs to all.

2 comments:

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

You outdid yourself with three fabulous cards....so pretty!!!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful! Love the cut out images and the embellishments. Very sophisticated cards! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes