Monday, April 15, 2013

CDAC Progressive Challenge

This is a Progressive Challenge where you request the first digi stamp image, create a project with it and post it to the Challenge Board, and than request the 2nd image, so on until you completed four projects.

CDAC Over the Rainbow
When I seen the Rainbow digi stamp image I immediately thought of the song "Over the Rainbow" (I'm old) and googled it to come up with a music sheet.   I printed out a full page using Abode Photoshop Elements 7 and trimmed off what I wanted to use...'skyways, there's a rainbow highway to be found'.

I combined the rainbow image and the sentiment, and brought it over into my Silhouette Studio Design Edition software to trace and than done a offset of the traced image and print and cut.  The yellow mat is a free file from svgcuts.com which I trimmed to fit the card settings.  

I used my Copic markers for the coloring (I love my Copics...just wish they were cheaper!!)  And glued all pieces in place and a basic card for a friend or family member.

Thank you for stopping by, and hugs to all.

Other Challenges I'm entering:

the craft garden   Rainbows

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favourite songs from the 'Wizard of Oz' and I also thought of it when I seen the rainbow digital on offer this round. Great idea to go and find the music sheet and use it as apart of your design. Your card is lovely and it's sure to bring a smile to someones face.
Thank you Carolyn for joining us at CDAC freebie challenge *Hugs*

Mary Ann said...

Super cute card!!!

Unknown said...

Love this card! The music at the bottom is such a nice touch. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Lisa said...

I too have been trying to use more music in my cards! Very nice job...I might have to steal your card layout! :)

Kerry said...

Great idea. Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft Garden this month