Sunday, October 19, 2014

Challenge #32 Shaker Card

First here is the video tutorial by Prairie Paper & Ink (AmyR) of a Shaker Card




And here is my Shaker Card....

 This is the top/front of the Shaker Card, using a cut file from my Silhouette Studio DE Library I cut out the scalloped-window frame, and nine pieces of poster board pieces for the inside of the frame plus a clear plastic in the shape of the scalloped frame.  I print and cut the sentiment square piece and applied to the back of the framed poster board pieces.

The sequins found in the jewelry crafting department at local Wal-mart which was put inside of window.  All this I used Score-tape for adhering to each other plus to the card base.  Since I felt it was looking blah, I punched a scalloped edge, trimmed to correct size, and applied a ribbon for border and used two gemstones/beads for the corner.


This is the inside of the card, which as you can see is a birthday card for my soon-to-be 14 year old granddaughter.  I've been working on her 12x12 scrapbook and found the baby picture of her about 11 months old in my stash of photos and decided to create a mini-layout with baby picture and present day of 14 year old.  I created this mini-layout using my Adobe Photoshop Elements, printed out on photo paper and cut out with my Silhouette Cameo.  Layered it on her favorite colored mats and this is her birthday card, on it's way to Texas.

Thank you for stopping to visit with me, and take a moment and head over to Scrapbook Blessings Club for more inspiration, joining in the challenge(s) and apply for a position on the DT call.  Happy crafting to all

No comments: