Thursday, August 07, 2014

Thursday - Product Review - Embossing Folders

Good morning crafty friends, Carolyn here with a product review of two (2) embossing folders by Sheena (by Sheena Douglass) of a scenic nature.

TIP:  When embossing, use a dauber and daub alcohol ink on the front inside of embossing folder to create a colorful background.

 

I believe I purchased these two embossing folders through the Facebook page, Lone Wolf Designs Discount Craft Supplies one day when I was cruising through the catalog and thought I would use them.  They are a little too large for my card needs - I generally create 5.50x4.25 size cards, and this measures out to approximately 5x7.

Here is my two cards I created using these folders:


 On this card, I used a dauber to apply the ink to the inside of the embossing folder using Ranger's Distressed Ink Salty Ocean.  I first had rubbed the ink pad across the folder but applied too much ink so tried the daubers and works great.  Sometimes I have a heavy hand, so the finger dauber works great for me!  With this card, I decided to use my Prismacolor Markers and colored in the tree and grass.  The fence was colored in with Copic Grey markers.  Punched out butterflies using my 3-layered butterfly punch, applied zig glue to center of top butterfly and applied to the first butterfly; and than applied glue to first layer of butterfly and laid it on the card top, giving it a 2D layered look.


This is card #2 that I applied, with a finger dauber, the same distressed ink to inside top of embossing folder and ran thru my Sizzix Big Shot (machine was used on both applications) and decided to not paint in the tree leaves or flowers, to leave as is.  I applied the butterflies, using the same method of gluing as above. (I love my Zig glue pen and will be using it quite a bit in my card making and scrapbooking)..

Thank you for stopping to visit with me today, and please head on over to Scrapbook Blessings Club to check out our projects, tutorials, and challenges.  Happy crafting day to all.


No comments: