Wednesday, December 18, 2013

3D Decoupaging or Papertole Technique

 

I would like to share with you all the technique I have been working on lately - 3D Decoupaging or Papertole.   Using the software CraftArtist2 Professional, I open up the Rose clipart that I found in a Internet search for postcard clipart.  And than I created a decoupage of the clipart by clicking on the 3D icon in menu bard and selected 4 for my layers.  You are able to select as many layers as you would like and I have been staying with 4 unless I find less layers look better.  Once I have decided on number of layers, I go to the top menu and select Tools in menu bar and select 'Convert to Curves' which separates the layers.  I click on whole image and separates to where I can move each piece individually.  Than I go back to Tools on the menu bar and select 'Convert to picture' (which I find the way for me export file as a png file.

From here, I go into my Silhouette Studio software and merge/open the export file from where I had exported it to.  Than I trace each piece so I can get rid of the white border.  Than I print and cut the pieces and from there I layer according to the sizes with foam tape (I sponge edges with Distress Ink first) and laid onto card stock.  I created a bow with my bow maker and placed it at top; and added three gemstones to right hand corner.

This will be a birthday card for my a granddaughter in January.  

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me today.  I hope you enjoyed this project that I share with you today, and hugs to all xoxo.

 
Carolyn

No comments: