Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My completed anniversary card

This is separate work from what I am designing for http://www.DtsArts.com

They’re anniversary cards for my granddaughter and for my son and daughter-in-law, which will be late in mailing!!
 
IMG_0001
IMG_0002

Ok, program is not cooperating too well, so will start here.  The 2nd pic shows that it is a Gate-fold card.  I printed out the digital from my printer and used Kooh-I-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils to color in the image.  The circle element was created using my SCAL2 software…there is a flower cutout with a brad inserted in the middle which was attached to a scalloped circle and this element is used to keep the gate closed.  The two panels is white cardstock and shaving cream technique found on www.stamptv.com by GinaK Designs.  Put about 3 dots of re-inkers onto the shaving cream that is sprayed in a paper plate and mix thoroughly.  I used Stampin Up re-inkers but don’t remember the combo…I just grabbed what I had and mixed the amounts of drops in shaving cream, coming up with a light green marble effect which matched my cardstock.

Inside of card, on the two side panels I stamped a tulip flower in a pot from a retired set by www.stampinup.com which is a retired set … Simple Florals is the name.  Using same pencils as above, I colored in the image.

The middle panel is one I found on a website that offered free verses for anniversaries, birthdays, etc.  I selected the one I liked printed out and cut to size and the corners punched ….  Now to send them off tomorrow!

Cardstock used for this card is from Colorbok … a pad of 12x12 cardstock …smooth textured card by www.colorbok.com and sold at the local Wal-mart stores.

This should take care of it….hope I explain clearly enough, giving description and credit where it’s due.  Thank you for allowing me to share my creations.

1 comment:

xashee's corner said...

i love that card! GREAT job! they are going to really love it! thank you for sharing such inspiration! :)