Saturday, April 08, 2023

Sublimation new hobby

 I am starting a new hobby at my old age --- sublimation.  



The photo was snapped with my iPad and not a very good shot, but it is what it is.  

I have watched a few videos on sublimation and follow a couple groups on Facebook, getting hints, tips & etc.  One of the tips is using lamination sheets to sublimate the design onto which I applied over the canvas (which I removed from the canvas covered frames),

I found the image of chickens on creativefabrica.com and brought into my Adobe Photoshop Elements to resize and print out.  After printing out on my converted Epson Ecotank 2804 printer, applied the image to the canvas at 400 degrees for 60 seconds, and came out fantastic.  I also printed this image onto regular copy paper, no sublimation pape!

Now to nail and glue the canvas to back of frame, and put a hanger onto the back side of frame, and hang on my kitchen wall.

Have a fantastic weekend, and Happy Easter to all.  God bless.

No comments: