Saturday, November 22, 2014

Cups and Saucer Plate painted with Sharpies - SBC Simply Homemade Linky Party

This is different project for me to create, but to keep my creative juices flowing while in El Paso, Texas, I was directed to this Pinterest site by my daughter-in-law and thought it would be a cool project to work on, especially with Christmas coming up here real soon. 



(Click on the Pinterest link above and will direct you to the Pinterest website) or at Darling Doodles Designs

Making a trip to the local Dollar Tree store I purchased three white cups and a deep saucer plate and created with colored sharpies the following:


I'm not sure if I will add some type of sentiment to the sides of the saucer plate or just leave as is but for right now I'm leaving as is.  Once I colored in my design, we baked the item in oven at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.  (Actually two of the cups and plate was in 350 degree oven but any more projects will be in 450 degree because the color will fade with washings).  

The photo of the third cup does not show the design very much - it's a heart centered on the front with "Scrap Mama' as a sentiment.  The middle cup is my idea of abstract art which will be a Christmas gift for a friend.  The first cup is for a cup for my sister who loves to pull weeds for relaxation!

Only real expensive item in this project is the Sharpie markers, the plate and cups a $1.00 each at the Dollar Tree (if you're lucky enough to have one in your town.  Where I live, there is not a Dollar Tree store, but will check Dollar General and Family Dollar for the cups/plates for future projects.)

 Thanks for stopping by today, and have a happy crafting type of day.

No comments: