Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Quilted Birthday Card

I have been purchasing card kits from a Facebook group page for the past 6 months and with the financial strain I'm experiencing right now, and I do create cards for enjoyment, I got to thinking, I can create these same type of cards using Pinterest to find patterns for quilts.

I found this pattern on Pinterest, don't know who it belongs to, and apologized for that, but here is the card I came up with.----


Using my Make the Cut software, I traced the template and saved it.  After saving it, I created the svg file from that, and broke the template down so I can get the quilted pieces.

I cut two templates (4.25 x 4.25 I believe) gluing the white template onto a black cardstock and place the individual pieces on the matching place.  Than glued the pink template over the top of the pieces/white template.  (To me it looks more neater than placing the pieces onto the top of the framed quilted template!!).

The Happy Birthday title I found (for free with a subscription) on Cricut Design Space.  I decided, rather than cut out in white and color in, I would cut the title out like it was shown in the picture.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me today, and God's blessings to you all.

No comments: