Monday, March 31, 2014

Easter Card in a Box Card

Good morning, Carolyn here with a Card in a Box for the Easter Card challenge at Creative Cutting Challenge.  The Card in a Box had been the craze on Facebook for the past couple weeks or so; and I thought, hmmm I shall give this a try.....  But first here is a video I found on youtube;



Here is a template for you to use as well that I downloaded from a Facebook group:

 

I believe this is the instructions for the bigger size but I am including the zip file for 8.5x11 size that will make a standard size card, once folded, to fit in a standard envelope, one for 5.5x4.25 cards.
 
Cardstock sizes
Piece 1 - 6" x 11" and score on 11" side at 6" and 7"
Piece 2 - 6" x 51/2" and score on 51/2" side at 31/2" and 41/2"
Piece 3 - back reinforcement - 6" x 5"
Pieces 4 & 5 - 6" x 7" and score on 7" side at 5" and 6"
Pieces 6 & 7 - 6" x 61/4" and score on 61/4" side at 43/4" and 51/4"
Piece 8 - 6" x 91/2" and score on 91/2" side at 6" and 61/2"

If you would like the box to measure 3/4" depth or 1/2" just alter the scoring apropriately ... the card sizes can stay the same (your flaps will just be a little bigger - but these can also be adjusted easily, if you want to, once you've seen how the box goes together).

****
You also will find several Card in a Box cutfiles on the Silhouette America Online to select from.  I basically used the box cutfile template and added the Easter files from Creative Pointe, the Easter Egg Set and Easter Bunny Set for decorating.

Happy Easter sentiment from SilhouetteAmerica Online store; and the butterfly that is on right side on a floral wire from a Paper Garden Projects kit, Nurture.

Now here is my project that I am sharing with you.  It was quite a project for me, and I wonder if I will do this again!



Thank you for stopping by to visit with me; and happy crafting to you all.  Head on over to Creative Cutting Challenge and play along with us in the Easter Challenge.

Also, for your personal use only, here is a cutfile for Card in a Box which includes studio and a svg file.

3 comments:

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic project!! Thanks so much for including all the construction details and especially the cut file!! Will try making one myself.

Carmen said...

This is a wonderful project love it thanks for the cut file. So appreciate it!

Ruth G said...

I love this! You used such cheery colors and the box is so very fun! Thanks so much for sharing (and for the cut file! It's always nice when my machine can do the cutting for me!)