Monday, September 22, 2014

Creative Cutting Challenge - Fall Theme

I used The Creative Pointe cutting file: Pumpkin Patch and created a accordion style mini-album card, cutting the shape of the background barn for front and back covers.  And inside as square pages.  Here is photos of the accordion style mini-album/card...

  Pumpkin Patch cutting file
Front Cover
Using the Pumpkin Patch cutting file I used the back shadow as the cover base for both front and back cover cut out of poster board for stability.  I had a Thanksgiving napkin I purchased at Wal-mart that I had separated (2-ply) and ironed the top piece onto freezer paper, creating my own design paper.  Placed on a cutting mat, and using my Silhouette Cameo and the just the pumpkins  with the bard, I cut out very, very carefully (even though it's on freezer paper, the napkin tended to be   distressed on edges).  I adhered the napkin piece to the first layer that I had covered the poster board with.  Than, in my files I had a red-barn scrapbook page that I printed out using my Silhouette Studio DE software and cut out the title, Pumpkin Patch and layered on covered poster board again.

Inside pages

Using two cut files from misskatecuttables I printed and cut out as a sticker, placed them on poster board that was cut out using the shape of the png photo.  Both page 1 and the last page (4) the pumpkins from the Pumpkin Patch cutting file was cut out on poster board and than one I used some chalk from Daler Rowney Soft Pastels and colored in; the fourth page I used a marker set from one of my marker sets (don't remember which set it came from).  Once I have a little time, I will add a photo of my great-granddaughter, dress as BatGirl on one of the pages.

Here is the back cover....

 

Back cover

I covered the back poster board cover with paper I purchased from Hobby Lobby and this completes this project.  Now onto another part of my DT projects for Creative Cutting Challenges.. 

I have been playing around with digital scrapbooking lately along with Easy Pocket Scrapbooking .

Easy Pocket Page Scrapbook (digital)
Back to School Apple Title from misskatecuttables (I believe)

I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for creating both scrapbook layouts; and have a file from MyMemories Suite and from Pixel Scrapper Digital Scrapbooking that are clear plastic pockets for easy pocket scrapbooking, in place of the actual pockets.  I placed the photos, elements and journal cards in my layout just like a actual plastic pocket layout, only digital.  Love it. 

I do have a School House Mini-album that I am creating, using the School House Cut File and will share that later.  Thank you for coming by to visit with me, and please head on over to Creative Cutting Challenges  for more inspiration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, love the mini album and I'm sure that the scrapbook pages will be a hit too in your "book of life." Love your use of colors too.

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic mini album and I love your technique about using the napkin on freezer paper....genius! The digital pages are awesome too...shows just how versatile SVGs are. Thanks for being such an important part of the DT Carolyn!!
Cindy