Saturday, October 25, 2014

Heidi with Apple

Good morning from Carolyn --- I am here with my project for this Saturday morning, using Heidi eating her caramel covered apple.

Heidi with Apple

I used the banner title 'Give Thanks' from Angela Creaion's scrap kit: Thanksgiving Fun Scrap Kit; and paper background from Give Thanks Scrap Kit.  Right now I'm not able to locate where I downloaded the Fall tree and fence with rake and pumpkins.

Using Abode Photoshop Elements 12 I created a scenic front to the card, placing Heidi eating her Apple in front on foam tape.  This was layered onto brown Kraft cardstock than onto brown.

Thank you for stopping to visit with me today, and hope you have a happy crafting weekend.

Friday, October 24, 2014

A Friday Favorite - Scrapbooking

Hi, Carolyn here with what I am calling Digital/Easy Pocket Scrapbooking Part 1; but this is a version of pocket scrap booking, done digitally...

This past June, as a final day of enjoying El Paso, Texas we went to the El Paso Zoo for a few hours and enjoyed the fun time, but not the heat.  I was sooo hot, it was unbearable but here is three layouts using clear plastic pockets from Pixel Scrapper Digital Scrapbooking and MyMemoriesSuite, or if you like the traditional way of scrapbooking, the plastic sleeves are available (I purchased mine thru

The giraffe in third layout is a clipart located in a Internet search and Fun Day at the Zoo and Zoo Fun titles from  as svg cut files.  (you group together and than print and cut in your Silhouette Cameo to create a sticker and apply it on the layout. 

Thank you for visiting with me today, and happy crafting.  You will find more inspirational ideas at Scrapbook Blessings Club.

Monday, October 20, 2014

School House Mini-album

Our challenge theme is Anything Goes and I decided to use the free file from The Creative Pointe that can be found her

School House

For the Anything Goes challenge for October 20th, I used the School House free cutfile found here and created a School-House mini-album.  I cut the school house out on poster board for front and back cover and a couple inside pages to strengthen the album.

On the front cover I placed photos of granddaughter's first day of school for 2014-15 in ruler frames, and placed where the windows would be in the file.  Apple with First of Day school sentiment and a notebook, and yellow ruller as border for embellishments

Next two photos show what the pages will hopefully look like when I complete them...

I will be adding photos hopefully on each page as the 2nd one shows here.  Located a volleyball  and net clipart with a google search, print and cut with the Silhouette Cameo; and the journal card downloaded from Katie Pertiet where she is offering 50 Journal cards free. 
Here is the back cover:

The mini-album will be bound with a ring on the corner of the school house.  Paper from a personal stash of paper pads I have.
Thank you for stopping by to visit with me; and head on over to Creative Cutting Challenges for more inspiration by the Design Team; and join us in the Anything Goes Challenge

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Monster Bash Blog Hop A MINI-ALBUM

Welcome to the Monster Mash Blog Hop Day #2

I was working in the lab, late one night

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

For my monster from his slab, began to rise

And suddenly to my surprise
He did the mash, he did the monster mash

It was a graveyard smash!

Connie Can Crop and her ghoulishly wonderful friends are so glad you could join us for this Monster Mash! We have so many frightful projects you'll be screaming for more! 

This is day #2 of the blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of these talented creatures who are here sharing their ideas and creations. We are thrilled to death that you came back!
The zombies were having fun, the party had just begun

The guests included Wolf Man, Dracula and his son!
A Woooo!

We have three terrifying yet amazing sponsors and giveaways for this hop!

Creative Kuts is giving one lucky winner a $10 gift certificate for their online store.

Be sure to check out their spooky SVG files!

You can
visit her Shop
follow them on Facebook here.


is giving away this Frightfully Fun Stamp set from CTMH 


Connie Wallenbrock is giving away this Mini-Medley Accents Pack from CTMH
Perfect for your Halloween creations!

What do you need to do to win? Easy... become a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

Then you can mash, then you can monster mash

The monster mash, and do a graveyard smash

Then you can mash, you'll catch on in a flash

Then you can mash, then you can monster mash
You will have until 12:00 am Monday to finish the hop and leave your comments.

Winners will be announced on Wednesday at Connie Can Crop.

Be sure to follow everyone and leave your spirited comments along the way!

Let's get this Monster Party started!

The finished project

Up next is the lovely and talented  Miranda

Thanks so much for joining us for such a fun day! Happy Haunting

Monster Mash Blog Hop


Here is the direct link to the Monster Mash Blog Hop, even though scrolling down is not that difficult!