Thursday, July 03, 2014

Stencil Review

Good morning Carolyn here with a Product Review of two stencils I recently purchased, hoping that it would make a cute background mat....

TIP:  don't become discouraged with your stenciling results, keep trying and trying; and you know, the ones that you think are hideous, they can be used later for some scrapbook page.

 
Mini Flutterby

6x6 Stencil - Butterfly background designed by Jamie for TheCraftersWorkshop.com  but I believe I purchased my stencils from a Facebook group: Lone Wolf Designs Discount Craft Supplies.

Supplies used:
  • Butterfly Stencil: Mini Flutterby by Jamie Echt (The 6x6 Stencil can be used for card-making, Mixed Media, Paper-Arts, Sponging, Spraying, Spritizing, Chalking & more).
  • Blue acrylic paint
  • Watercolor paper
I laid the stencil on a sheet of watercolor paper and using a stipple brush (??) applied the acrylic paint all over, coming up with the results shown in the photo.  I let it sit to dry, and than trimmed it to fit the front of a card at a later date.

 

Mini-Snowy Treescape

I am showing three results of stenciling this image-stencil, and to be quite honest, I am not very happy with any of the results.  I used Acrylic paper, cardstock, and canvas covered paper with the results shown above.  I like the canvas-covered paper as the results were darker and may-be more vibrant.  Definitely will not use cardstock - too blah.  The 3rd one I believe is acrylic paper and it's ok.   This one could possibly be used in a mini-album or a 5x5 card with a snowman added to it.

Once you find your coloring median, especially for cardstock,  you can find lots of possibilities for the stencils.

Thank you for stopping by and allowing me to share my creations with you.  Happy crafting day to you all.


1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

The snowy treescape came out wonderful and are so versatile to use.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}