Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday Cards - Flip/Swing/Gate Fold Card

Good morning Friends. Carolyn here for Scrapbook Blessing's Club Tuesday - Cards presenting to you a Flip/Swing/Gate Fold Card. Tip: when you don't have design paper on hand for your project, print your own or use Freezer paper and gift wrapping paper.

After watching a video from The Stamping School where Linda, owner and instructor created this card using a new thin framelits die from Stampin Up on cutting out the Flip/Swing card base.  Actually, save yourself some money, and buy the cardbase cut file from SilhouetteAmericaOnline.com which makes about the same type of card base.

After tweaking the file to the size I would like for my card, here it is:


Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut out the base of 5.5x9.75.  I cut the pattern according to the file, but the  third fold I done by hand as I am not good with math or measurements!! (smile).  I scored the third fold in at 2.5 inches, or just to come under the flip-out fold.

The design paper you see here I printed from a jpeg picture I have in my files of a snowflake background.  This also I cut out with my machine

I checked my embossing folders and found the only snow theme in the stash; and using the Sizzix Big Shot I embossed the third fold, with the embossing folder turned around, so the non-negative side will be displayed.



 On the inside of the card I placed the design paper in the center and on the end fold and added  chipboard mittens at the bottom

The images used from my Silhouette Studio DE Library, and the sentiment  placed on a scalloped circle  with three gemstones along the top edge.

My recipe:

5.5x9.75" cardstock by Close to My Heart
Design Paper:  Hammerhill Digital paper and jpeg file from my files.
Mittens from a collection received as a gift (Wal-mart)
Gemstones - from my stash.
Sizzix Big Shot embossing machine
embossing folder from Cuddlebug

Thank you for stopping by to visit with us here at Scrapbook Blessings Club, and you may also come on over to my blog here to see more of my projects that I have created.

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

 ♥ Carolyn


Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

No comments: