Monday, November 18, 2013

Challenge #23 - Christmas - not a Card

For this challenge I decided to create a decorative box that can be set on a Christmas table, or possibly hung on a Christmas tree.  I have a very limited supply of Christmas design paper, and found this tutorial on how to use freezer paper - ironing gift wrapping paper, napkins, just about anything and making your own designer paper.







Once I decided on my wrapping paper that would be used, I tried the freezer paper technique and it worked.  I now can make my own designer paper for my projects.  

I cut the pieces out after selecting paper for material type under the cutting options in SCAL3 (the scissors). The background design paper is printed out using my new high quality digital paper which I love, love, love.  All paper was applied to the box .








After cutting out 3 sets of the Poinsettia, I placed 2 sets along the edge of the box,







The third set of Poinsettias on the corner of the inside edge.  I placed yellow flat buttons in the center of each set.

The sentiment "Merry Christmas" was a free file from Silhouette Online Storewhich I print and cut and applied to a  background shadow of red and applied to the front of box.






And that's my Christmas - Not a Card for this challenge over at Creative Cutting Challenge.  Please stop on by and join us in this challenge, would love to see what you create for Christmas - Not a Card.  Thank you for stopping by to visit with me, and hugs to all xoxo.

 
Carolyn

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love, love favor boxes and this one is great for the holiday season.

Ruth G said...

What a wonderful box! The poinsettias are so perfect with the yellow button in the middle! Thanks for sharing how to work with the freezer paper!

Kathy said...

Hi! I know this is not the right place to contact you, but when I click on your e-mail button nothing happens. I am trying to purchase your svg file for Mary & Joseph, and it is saying that the account is no longer active. Can I still get this file? It is exactly what I'm looking for, for my Christmas cards. Is there a way to e-mail you direct???

Tina Campbell said...

Super box and a nifty little tip about the wax paper and thee wrapping paper, tfs

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Stunning box! I love the buttons on the poinsettias and will definitely have to try the freezer paper/wrapping paper idea!!