Monday, April 15, 2013

Mother's Day Challenge

 


Card #1:

I first cut out the card base from a svg file from http://www.creativepointe.com with Mom cut out in approximately the center.  Than using Versamark and a Stampin! Up stamp, Fifth Avenue Floral (believe it's retired stamp set) I placed the watermark image right below Mom and embossed with white embossing powder.  Use a ribbon and two flowers for embellishing the card.  For backing of the Mom cut out I placed a  off-white piece of cardstock and placed behind the opening.


 

 The next two (2) cards using the card base from BirdsCards names Rose Edge Card whiich is a stenciled edge of Roses.  The card can be used with the rose edge to the side or as I done, along the bottom. 

I cut out the Mom Charm and the back shadow and placed over a ribbon above the cutouts of the stenciled roses.  The blue card I placed small flowers at each ends of the charm and added punched butterflies for embellishments.

I hand trimmed the backing for the blue card, and than for the green card, I joined the pieces to come up with a 'welded' look and cut out with my machine.  And than trimmed it off at the perforated line.  Easy-peasy....

Head on over to Creatove Cutting Challenges and check out the DT's projects, and if you like, submit a card or layout of your own in the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by, and hugs to all.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful cards!!

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

You outdid yourself with three fabulous cards....so pretty!!!

Deb Ochs-LaGrone said...

These are beautiful! Love the cut out images and the embellishments. Very sophisticated cards! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes